As requested by several of my Facebook followers, I’ve created this pecan pie dessert smoothie. It is delicious and definitely suggest the flavor of a decadent slice of pecan pie.
While I will say it is “healthier” than a slice of pie, it’s still a “fun smoothie” that should be considered more of a dessert than a meal replacement or a way to start your morning. I like to split it with my husband and son.
Unlike most of my low fat green smoothies, this one should be consumed in moderation. It’s a great way to enjoy pecan pie without the flour, sugar and other things that aren’t so great for you.
Raw Vegan Pecan Pie Smoothie Recipe
- 1/4 cup pecans, soaked for 1 hour
- 2 large frozen banana, peeled and sliced
- Vanilla from 1/2 vanilla bean (How to use vanilla bean.), or use 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 medjool date, pitted and soaked for 20 minutes
- 8 ounces of homemade almond milk
Start by adding the liquid to your blender (see my blender recommendations), followed by the soft fruit. Add the greens to your blender last. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until the smoothie is creamy.
Serving Size: Two
Browse more green smoothie recipes.