This recipe comes from the creative mind of The Blender Girl! She has been kind enough to let me share her delicious recipe here on Incredible Smoothies just in time for the holidays!
Cranberry sauce is one of my favorite holiday foods, but I’m not a fan of the standard can-shaped, store bought stuff. I like my cranberry sauce made fresh and my cranberries recognizable!
This recipe is AMAZING! (Here’s a link to the original recipe.) When I made it, my entire house had a wonderful holiday aroma of fruit and spices. This recipe is both easy and delicious. I love how the flavor of cranberries are sweetened and accented with ginger and cinnamon.
The sauce should sit for a few hours to thicken so be sure to make it up in advance before a holiday dinner. If you have leftovers, that’s no problem! The flavor is even better the next day, so you can definitely make this the day before.
- 4 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 4 Tbsp agave nectar or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp fresh ginger juice (grate fresh ginger and squeeze out the juice) or more to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon depending on taste
1. Bring the raisins, cherries, cranberries, orange juice and water to the boil.
2. Simmer for about ten minutes or until some of the cranberries start to burst open. Some will burst open and some will not. This gives a great texture.
3. Now add in the agave nectar, ginger juice, orange zest and cinnamon and simmer for a few more minutes just to allow the flavors to infuse.
4. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
5. Chill in the fridge for at least a few hours to allow the sauce to thicken and the flavors to infuse.
6. Eat and enjoy. And try not to eat the whole thing!
PS: Change Your Life With 28-Days Of Plant-Based Eating!Get ready to commit to a healthier lifestyle with a 28-day meal plan full of delicious, plant-based recipes and tons of motivation to keep you going strong!
About Tracy & Davy
We created Incredible Smoothies to help you cultivate health and happiness in your own life. We love to share our favorite green smoothies while also writing about happiness, entrepreneurship, and personal development topics. Read more...