These raw vegan stuffed tomatoes are amazing! The flavor just bursts in your mouth and they are super easy to make.
You can either use two medium tomatoes (like I did), one large tomato or 4 to 5 small tomatoes if you want to serve them as hors d’oeuvres or an appetizer.
This recipe makes one serving, so double, triple or quadruple as necessary if you’re feeding more than just yourself. This recipe is low calorie so have it with a raw soup or other raw dish to make it a meal.
I cut each tomato in half and ate it like an open faced sandwich.
- 2 medium tomatoes, insides removed
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/8 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 avocado, mashed
- 1 crimini mushroom, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 clove of garlic, minced and crushed
Make sure everything is finely chopped. Mash the avocado into a large bowl and then add all of the other ingredients except for the tomatoes. Mix well and then divide the filling evenly among the tomatoes.
Grab a fork and enjoy this tasty raw vegan, super-healthy treat.