I LOVE eggnog, but hate looking at all the ingredients on the back. I prefer to make things fresh using whole foods. This delicious smoothie has become a holiday favorite in my house.
This recipe uses fresh, homemade almond milk, frozen banana, dates, a touch of vanilla and spices to reproduce a thick, creamy version of this holiday treat. Did I say it’s a lot healthier, too?
This recipe makes about 16 ounces, which makes two servings. Of course, I drank the whole batch!
You can add more nutmeg or cinnamon if you prefer, but I found these to be just the right amounts for me.
I made one serving with spinach and one without. The smoothie is just as good with spinach, so why not add a little green.
- 1-and-1/4 cup plain almond milk
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 date, soaked for 10 minutes
- dash of ground clove
- Vanilla from 1/2 vanilla bean (How to use vanilla bean.), or use 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (alcohol-free recommended)
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup spinach (optional)
Start by adding the liquid to your blender (see my blender recommendations), blend on high for 20 seconds or until there are no chunks of frozen banana left. Garnish with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg if desired.
Calories: 320 (160/serving)
Fat: 2g (2g/serving)
Protein: 4g (2g/serving)
Carbohydrates: 72g (36g/serving)
Fiber: 7.7g (3.6g/serving)
Serving Size: Two 8-ounce servings.
Browse more green smoothie recipes.