This is one of the best raw vegan pesto sauces I’ve ever had! It’s absolutely delicious!
This recipe is super easy and takes about 10 minutes from start to finish.
I topped my zucchini pasta pesto with some chopped sun-dried tomatoes, but you can top it with whatever you like. Next time, I’ll add mushrooms!
Serving size: One.
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, soaked for about 20 minutes
- 1/2 to 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- Juice from 1 small lime
- Dash of sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts
- 4 pieces of sun-dried tomato
- 1 medium zucchini
1) Add the tomatoes, garlic, nutritional yeast, lime juice, sea salt, basil, and pine nuts to your blender or food processor (use the “S” blade) and blend until creamy.
2) Set aside while you wash the zucchini and remove the ends.
3) Using a spiral slicer, turn the zucchini into “noodles”. If you do not have a spiral slicer, you can use a julienne or mandoline slicer (with a julienne blade). If you don’t have any special slicers, you can use a simple cheese grater. Simply shred the zucchini lengthwise to create long, flat noodles.
4) Once the zucchini is turned into noodles, toss with the pesto sauce and top with chopped sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms or the topping of your choice.