My name is Tracy and welcome to my blog!
One thing you should know about me is that I am a green smoothie addict!
I had my first green smoothie on January 1st, 2008 after my sister-in-law got me hooked on them. She had attended a recipe demo by a local chef and told me all about it.
I was intrigued and maybe just a little bit grossed out – spinach – in a smoothie?!?!
Then I took a sip, and fell in love.
My daily green smoothie habit quickly turned into a full-on embrace of a green smoothie AND plant-based lifestyle.
I lost 40 pounds.
My cholesterol dropped 45 points! (It was flagged as “elevated” when I was 23 years old.)
My energy levels soared.
Green smoothies and plant-based, whole foods completely changed my life!
About Incredible Smoothies
I created Incredible Smoothies in July 2009 because I just couldn’t keep all of this knowledge (and these delicious recipes) to myself anymore.
I wanted to help people, so I turned to the Internet.
Incredible Smoothies is the most comprehensive, widely read green smoothie blog, with tens of thousands of daily visitors from all over the world!
And thanks to readers like you, I am able to make this website my life’s work.
If you’re curious, I wrote about why I decided to put all my efforts into Incredible Smoothies after I got laid off from my job in 2010.
I’ve also answered some questions I get about being a full-time blogger.
I grew up and got married in Vermont, then lived in Chicago, Illinois for five years. Then I lived near Boston, Massachusetts for a year.
Yes, I’m a bit of a nomad!
My husband and I have now settled down in Upstate New York to be closer to family after having my son.
Five Random Facts About Me:
- My favorite green smoothie is this delicious pineapple celery green smoothie, although this pineapple chai smoothie is a close second.
- The most memorable day in my life (aside from my wedding day and the birth of my son), was when I ran the Chicago marathon in 2012. I always wanted to run a marathon but never thought I could do it. I was so proud of myself that I started to get a little choked up during the race. You better believe I was happy as heck to get that medal at the finish line! It hangs on my desk so I can look at it everyday.
- I just recently starting painting again after a four year hiatus. I use acrylics to paint abstracts.
- I love true crime novels and forensic TV shows like Bones and Criminal Minds. I’ve stayed up way, way, way too late more than once during a Forensic Files marathon!
- My favorite holiday is Halloween! Yes, you may find a stray Halloween decoration in my house that stays up year round!
Connect With Me!
There are lots of ways to connect with me! You can subscribe to my e-mail newsletter to get my Green Smoothie Challenge – for FREE!
I truly hope you find my recipes delicious and I hope that I can inspire you to live a healthier life. If you enjoy my recipes, please feel free to take a picture and tag me on social media. I love seeing your pics!