Hi! My name is Tracy and welcome to my blog! I am a green smoothie addict, but green smoothies are only one part of my life. I also like nature photography, running, hiking, and pretty much anything outside.
I hate cooking, which is why I LOVE green smoothies so much. I can just toss my favorite fruits and vegetables into a blender and have a yummy meal in seconds. (No, I don’t just drink green smoothies!)
About My Blog
I created Incredible Smoothies in July 2009. I had been drinking green smoothies since January 2008 after my sister-in-law got me hooked on them. She had attended a recipe demo by a local chef and told me all about it. I was intrigued and maybe just a little bit grossed out – spinach – in a smoothie?!?!
I had just gotten married in December and after the hectic wedding planning and indulgent honeymoon, my husband and I made a commitment to be healthy for each other. Green smoothies looked like a doable first step.
Turns out that green smoothies are delicious and so we were hooked from the first sip! We both lost excess weight (I lost 40 pounds). My elevated cholesterol dropped by almost 50 points. Our energy levels shot through the roof! And we started craving healthier foods!
We eventually decided to create Incredible Smoothies so that we could share our tasty creations with the world.
Fast forward to January of 2010 and I got laid off from my job. I took it as a sign and my husband and I decided to make Incredible Smoothies our full time career! Okay, so there is a little more to that story. If you are interested in reading about how Incredible Smoothies went from a hobby to a career, you can check it out here.
If you dream of starting your own blog (and maybe quitting your day job), find out how I got started.
I grew up and got married in Vermont, then lived in Chicago, Illinois for five years with a 6 month stint living in the Yucatan over the winter. My husband and I have now settled down in Upstate New York to be closer to family after having my son.
Five Random Facts About Me:
- My favorite green smoothie is this delicious pineapple celery green smoothie, although this pineapple chai smoothie is a close second.
- The most memorable day in my life (aside from my wedding day and the birth of my son), was when I ran the Chicago marathon in 2012. I always wanted to run a marathon but never thought I could do it. I was so proud of myself that I started to get a little choked up during the race. You better believe I was happy as heck to get that medal at the finish line! It hangs on my desk so I can look at it everyday.
- I just recently starting painting again after a four year hiatus. I use acrylics to paint abstracts.
- I love true crime novels and forensic TV shows like Bones and Criminal Minds. I’ve stayed up way, way, way too late more than once during a Forensic Files marathon!
- My favorite holiday is Halloween!
Connect With Me!
There are lots of ways to connect with me! You can subscribe via email and get my 21-Day Green Smoothie Boot Camp – for FREE!
I truly hope you find my recipes delicious and I hope that I can inspire you to live a healthier life. If you enjoy my recipes, please feel free to take a picture and tag me on social media. I love seeing your pics!
Tracy Russell is the creator of RESET 28: A 28-Day Program For Energy, Weight Loss & A Healthy Glow, and founder of Incredible Smoothies. She has been helping people take control of their health and well being with green smoothies, a whole foods diet, and fitness since 2009.