We love chili, so when we decided to go raw, we wanted to make a raw chili. Through some trial and error, we came up with this recipe. It’s so easy to make and takes only a few minutes after you dehydrate the veggies.
Ingredients for base:
- 1/2 cup chopped organic celery
- 1/2 cup chopped organic zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped organic red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped organic red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped organic carrots (optional to add a crunch)
Ingredients for sauce:
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, soaked
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder (to taste) *
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
The first step is to finely chop all the vegetables for the base and dehydrate them for about 2 hours to make them soft. Do not dehydrate them for more than 2 hours because they may get too dry and crispy. I like to chop the veggies into small pieces, but don’t chop them too small or they will fall through the dehydrator mesh trays. (They will shrink as they soften up.)
Next, blend all the sauce ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and mix until it has a creamy texture. Once the base vegetables are dehydrated, mix then into the sauce. Now grab a spoon and enjoy!
Makes enough for about three people.
* Some commercial chili powders may not be raw and use roasted chilies. You can season this chili by making your own seasonings with fresh or dried chillies instead of using powder.
Browse more raw food diet recipes.
Tracy Russell is the creator of the Green Smoothie Weight Loss Program, the 30-Day Whole Foods Challenge and founder of Incredible Smoothies. She is passionate about helping people improve their health with green smoothies and a whole foods lifestyle.