Here is Cara’s inspiring green smoothie testimony. She lost 36 pounds, and her weight loss was accelerated once she added green smoothies to her diet.
She’s also reversing her pre-diabetes, and halving her Metformin (diabetes medication) dose as a result. And her cholesterol dropped 21 points in just one month! Read her full story below.
If you have an inspiring story about how green smoothies changed your life, send it to me. If I publish your story, I’ll send you a free Incredible Smoothies grocery tote bag!
Green Smoothie Inspiration: Cara O’Sullivan – Provo, Utah, USA
“I began making green smoothies in November 2012. My goal was to lose weight and get into shape so that I can go off the medications I am on for pre-diabetes, asthma, and high cholesterol. I have a lot of joint pain because I’m overweight. I also have sleep apnea. All of this is related to my weight.
My mother and my grandparents aged beautifully. However, at age 52 I realized I was not aging the way I wanted to. I began doing research on the Internet into vegetarianism and raw foods. That’s when I came across the concept of green smoothies.
Drinking green smoothies has greatly benefited my health in these ways:
1) I have lost 32 pounds since last June. It took me four months to lose the first 20. The last 12 I lost in a month and a half after I began using green smoothies! I have maintained this weight loss and intend to continue on until I reach my healthy weight goal.
2) My blood sugar numbers have gone down and my A1C is now 5.4, well within normal range.
3) In one month, my cholesterol plummeted from 222 to 201. I’m heading into the normal range!
4) I live in Utah County, which has horrible temperature inversions that create conditions ripe for asthma. I have not suffered asthma at all this winter and am off my asthma medication!
5) My diabetes counselor has halved my Metformin dose. In a few months I hope to get off that medication and the one for my cholesterol! [Read Trisha's story about how she got off Metformin with green smoothies and whole foods.]
6) I have less joint pain and I can move more easily. I have taken up yoga and horseback riding. I enjoy shopping for clothes again. My self esteem has improved. I feel great!
I have used your program as well as information from others. It really kick-started my weight loss and health journey. Green Smoothies are a habit that I will keep for the rest of my life.
I drink one to two green smoothies every day. My typical green smoothie recipe is:
– 1 frozen banana
– 1-2 cups greens (I rotate between chard, collard greens, spinach and kale)
– 1 cup frozen or fresh fruit (I rotate berries, pineapple, pomegranate seeds/arils, mango, grapes, etc.)
– 1 to 2 tablespoons ground flax seed or chia seed
– 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon
– 1/2 inch segment of ginger root
My goal is to move gradually towards veganism and eat a high raw diet with some cooked foods. I eat fewer processed foods, less meat, and have eliminated cow’s milk from my diet. I’m really enjoying fresh foods in a whole new way.
My husband, my best friend, and a sister and brother have now begun using green smoothies in their diets. I shared with them how green smoothies have benefited me. I sent them to Incredible Smoothies for detailed information. They are all losing weight now.
Green smoothies were the first big beneficial change I made to my eating habits. I have begun using leafy greens in other meals as well and am enjoying them in ways I never did before. I feel lighter than air, frankly, and can tell my body is operating more efficiently from the micro-nutrient dense food I am eating now, as well as from the increased fiber.
By this time next year I will be slim and healthy, off my medications, and still drinking green smoothies. Thank you for the info you share in your emails and web site!”
What’s Your Green Smoothie Health Plan?
You know how powerful green smoothies and whole foods can be when it comes to radically improving your health. But do you have a plan in place to reach your specific health goals?
My Green Smoothie Weight Loss Program shares absolutely everything I know about green smoothies, health and nutrition. In it, I share all my secrets about how I lost 40 pounds, dropped my cholesterol by 50 points, became fit enough to run a marathon, and so much more.
Tracy Russell is the creator of the Green Smoothie Weight Loss Program, the 30-Day Whole Foods Challenge and founder of Incredible Smoothies. She is passionate about helping people improve their health with green smoothies and a whole foods lifestyle.